Thursday, January 20, 2011

Too Much Time on my Hands

I've been wanting to start a family blog for about 4 years (right around the birth of Lydia).  Life has thrown several obstacles in my way:
1. I'm pretty sure I held Lydia for the entire duration of the first 6 months of her life
2. I'm pretty sure Lydia and I were in the same room together until she was 18 months old
3. Ever a glutton for punishment, I started PA school and promptly lost all free time
4. I just found out this week what a URL is (that's another way of saying "I can barely manage email")
5. Other people seem to put pictures on their blogs...I don't know how to do this (really this is #4, part B)

As is the nature of life, things change...numbers 1-3 are no longer obstacles, we're making progress on 4 (after all, I now know what a URL is--next step world domination), and I'm bound to figure out 5 (another way of saying "My husband understands computer things"). So now 36 weeks pregnant with a 4 year old who is able to entertain herself for at least an hour (until my assistance is required for a Polly Pocket wardrobe change), I find myself with a little too much time on my hands. I suspect this will change when I start working part-time post baby or just post baby, but until then I need something to keep me from ironing sheets (in all honesty, staring at a wall for 6 hours would keep me from ironing sheets).  So we'll see how this shakes out:)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I blog like once or twice a month and even though I'd like to do more...it's still fun to just stop and reflect. Not familiar with posting pics on blogspot but I'm sure your hubby will know. Diggin' the pic you have up at the top though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you figured out how to post a picture! :)
    Glad you're doing a blog. I have one for us but I'm usually a month or so behind in our happenings.
    Look forward to reading your insight and hearing all about your world domination. ;)

    ReplyDelete