Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween 2011

I really love Halloween, particularly now that Lydia loves it (though I think the candy is the strong motivator rather than the dressing up).

Am I terrible mother for selecting pictures that are most flattering of me and least flattering of my young son?

This year was the 2nd year we went to a neighborhood party/hayride to celebrate. Hank is such a fuss budget after 7, that we left early and and skipped the hayride. This would have been a terrible disappointment for Lydia had she not gotten to trick or treat with
the one and only Emma, neighbor extraordinaire!

Comanche is a little dead on Halloween, but I enjoyed sitting out in the front lawn with Kelly (Emma's mom) while Kyle and Jonathan marched the troops around the block. When they were finished I took Lydia up to Melrose, "the spooky street" to finish off the night. Now Lydia loves spooky stuff...
Not so in previous Halloweens, as shown above, where we had to leave Addi's birthday party because Lydia was freaked out by the adults in costumes. Luckily that year the Martins, and in particular
this fellow, saved the day!

Poor Hank did not even make it trick or treating to a couple of houses--he was right to bed after dinner.
Luckily he was hanging with Mr. Cooper and his girl Kate at dinner, so it wasn't a total loss for him.

I would like it noted that I now consider myself an awesome blogger as it has only been 5 weeks since my last entry and I have figured out how to embed photos within my actual entry (a skill I am clearly proud of as I felt it necessary to mention and I'm dragging out pictures from Halloween 3 years ago just to shove a photo in the text).

Other parenting wins since I last wrote:
 No, we didn't get the recording of Lydia's television premier (it was going to be $60), but our friend Crystal saw her on TV and took a shot of the screen. That's almost the same--ha ha.

And while it didn't happen, during the week following Lydia's 5th birthday, 
guess who buckled her own seatbelt on the way to the library today!

So with Halloween behind us, we're looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving. Lydia's hoping the Thanksgiving Turkey will bring us Chocolate Pie this year (me too). 

And evidently the City of Richardson has already moved on to Christmas, because we saw this behind the library today:
Take a good look at Santa's Village kids, because I'm pretty sure you'll only be seeing it during daylight:)


No comments:

Post a Comment